Swap This: Convenience
We crave convenience in our busy days. Often times, shopping for groceries and preparing a healthy meal after a hectic day is the last thing we want to do. This could lead us straight to a drive-thru to pick up a cheeseburger and fries. Luckily, Fresh Fit Foods is here to provide you with healthy, delicious meals that are ready to eat.
Microwave dinner for a Fresh Fit Foods dinner
- Both you can reheat in minutes, but one hasn’t been sitting in a freezer for a few months and is loaded with fresh ingredients! At Fresh Fit Foods, you can choose from dinners like Chicken Stir Fry, Veggie Chili, and Beef Souvlaki, all made right here in Edmonton.
Fast food for a Fresh Fit Foods salad or a grocery store salad
- Fast food joints often have salad options, but these usually contain fatty dressings and unhealthy ingredients like fried chicken. For something fresh and crisp, try one of our salads, like the Greek Chicken Salad. Alternatively, your nearest grocery store might have a few health-conscious options. Be wary of salad dressings and avoid fatty cream-based dressings like ranch and three cheese.
Frozen or delivery pizza for homemade pizza
- It’s a lot easier than it sounds! Save money and calories by making your own pizza. You can choose whatever fresh veggies you want for toppings. Use a whole-wheat tortilla for the crust to cut down on carbs and fat.
French fries with ketchup for sweet potato fries with guacamole
- Craving something salty? Ditch the regular French fries and try sweet potato fries! Sweet potato fries are lower on the glycemic index, meaning they won’t spike your blood sugar. Additionally, sweet potatoes contain more vitamins A and C than regular fries. Get some healthy fats in with a side of fresh guacamole.
Eating out for making your own lunch
- Eating out can not only get expensive, but can also add a ton of unnecessary calories and sodium to your day. Set aside some time in the evening to prepare a healthy lunch for the next day, full of complex carbs and lean protein to keep you feeling energized throughout the day. Your wallet and waistline will thank you!