5 Simple Ways to Drink More Water!
Water is the nectar of life. It composes 60% of the human body and covers 71% of the earth’s surface. Despite its abundance, we need to make a consistent effort to make sure we’re getting enough water to function optimally.
So how much waster is enough? Present recommendations hover around 8 glasses per day, however this depends on your activity level and temperature in which you live, as an active lifestyle or a hotter climate will cause you to need more water. Here are a few easy tips to ensure that you’re staying properly hydrated:
- Change it up! Drinking water regularly doesn’t have to be bland. Steep tea or add fruit to your water to infuse some flavour! Try adding strawberries, melons, and other fruits along with herbs like mint and basil for a refreshing treat.
- Carry a water bottle with you. Whenever you’re running errands or heading to work, take a durable, reusable water bottle with you. Always keep it topped off to stay hydrated when on the go.
- Set reminders for yourself. Use alarms on your phone to start training yourself to be mindful of your water intake. When the alarm goes off, fill up a tall glass of water.
- Swap out juices for water. Do you always have a sugary glass of OJ with your toast in the morning? Trade it in for some water with orange slices in it.
- Make a routine out of it. Start your day with two big glasses of water. You’ll feel fresh, alert, and ready to tackle the day!
Staying hydrated is key for a healthy lifestyle. Water helps your heart pump blood through your blood vessels to the muscles and brain. Additionally, staying hydrated is good for your digestive system, can help balance metabolism, and keeps you feeling fresh and energetic! When it comes to drinking water, it’s a good idea to go with the flow!