Job Title: Prep Cook
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week). Must be available weekends. Position will commence immediately.
Pay: $12-$14/hour, dependent on experience.
Job Description: The Prep Cook is responsible for assisting in the day to day cooking and management of our kitchen. This individual will be essential in supporting the ongoing responsibilities of our kitchen.
Location: Commissary Kitchen
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Cook, prep, and assemble a variety of dishes
- Complete opening and closing procedures for the Kitchen
- Ensure all operational tasks are completed safely and efficiently as/when required
- Maintain a hands-on approach for all Kitchen staff and get involved in many aspects i.e. cleaning duties etc.
- To ensure freshness and flavour of all sauces through regular tastings
- Report any issues with food quality and freshness to the Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Follow correct food and hygiene standards
- Follow the Stock Labelling and Rotation System to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order
- Ensure the Kitchen, surrounding work surfaces and floor are kept tidy and clean at all times
- Communicate with the Executive Chef on a regular basis regarding all stock levels
- Be accountable for stock levels of fresh produce
- Ensure the required stock levels are maintained as per stock order sheets
- Oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Experience preparing and cooking meals in a fast-paced environment
- Credentials and certifications not required, but are considered an asset
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.