Job Title: Sous Chef
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week). Must be available weekends. Position will commence mid to late August.
Pay: $14-$17/hour, dependent on experience.
Job Description: The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the day to day cooking and management of our kitchen. This individual will be essential in supporting the ongoing responsibilities of our kitchen.
Location: Commissary Kitchen
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Oversee all operational aspects of the Kitchen and staff in the absence of the Head Chef
- Supervise cooks and dishwashers
- Complete opening and closing procedures for the Kitchen
- Ensure all operational tasks are completed safely and efficiently as/when required
- Maintain a hands-on approach for all Kitchen staff and get involved in many aspects i.e. cleaning duties etc.
- Cook, prep, and assemble a variety of dishes
- Ensure freshness and flavour of all sauces through regular tastings
- Ensuring all kitchen staff are preparing and presenting quality food and all final products leaving the kitchen are at the Company Standard
- Report any issues with food quality and freshness to the Executive Chef
- Ensure all kitchen staff follow correct food and hygiene standards
- Follow the Stock Labelling and Rotation System to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order
- Ensure the Kitchen, surrounding work surfaces and floor are kept tidy and clean at all times
- Communicate with the Head Chef on a regular basis regarding all stock levels
- Be accountable for stock levels of fresh produce
- Ensure the required stock levels are maintained as per stock order sheets
- Manage inventory
- Manage labour plan
- Ensure the opening and closing of the kitchen is completed and meets all the standards and guidelines of FFF
- Oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Experience preparing and cooking meals in a fast-paced environment
- Credentials and certifications not required, but are considered an asset
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.