It takes 21 days to create a new habit, which is why Fresh Fit Foods has created our 21 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Participants on the Challenge learn how their body feels by following the 5 Principles for Weight Loss and are given the tools to implement these habits into everyday life. We also offer a Nutrition Coaching Program to support participants in continuing to work towards their health goals beyond the 21 Day Challenge. It is never too late to get on track, and never too early to start a healthy lifestyle!
Features of the 21 Day Challenge:
- Free Nutrition Consultation to determine your needs and ongoing support all along the way
- 2 meal plan options: small and medium. The small meal plan has a calorie range of 1,200 – 1,500 calories per day and the medium meal plan is 1,500 – 1,800 calories per day
- Meals are made fresh daily with no added preservatives
- Pick up locations are in fitness facilities where participants are encouraged to include physical activity as a part of their healthy lifestyle change. Your 21 Day Challenge includes either a 21 day pass to World Health or a 7 class pass to attend Orangetheory Fitness.
- Containers are dishwasher and microwave safe so participants can keep them to use for their own portioning at home after completing the 21 Day Challenge.
- Make breakfast your heaviest meal.
Choose breakfast and lunch meals that contain complex carbohydrates such as brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta. This will provide your body with a slow release of energy throughout the morning and afternoon, avoiding spikes and crashes in your blood sugar levels (leaving you wanting to take an afternoon nap under your desk and craving more sugar). It also allows your body to burn off the energy throughout the day instead of having a heavy meal as you wind down to relax for the evening.
- Prioritize protein!
Protein slows down the rate at which your body breaks down and digests food, which helps keep you feeling fuller longer. Protein is a key component for building and repairing muscles and tissues, which is important for those looking to increase lean muscle! Make an effort to include protein with every meal, including snacks. A healthy snack with protein on the 21 Day Challenge could be the Chicken & Fruit snack, Roasted Veggies & Humus or the Prairie Land Picnic snack which comes with fruit, rice crackers and cheese.
- Don’t over eat.
Over the past 50 years, our plates have gotten bigger! And as we serve ourselves dinner, we typically fill these bigger plates with more food than our bodies actually need. On the 21 Day Challenge, meals are measured to ensure you are eating the correct portion size without leaving you feeling unsatisfied. Containers are dishwasher and microwave safe so participants can keep them to use for their own portioning at home after completing the 21 Day Challenge.
- Have a smart supper.
A dinner made up of protein and vegetables is an easier to digest meal so your body can efficiently break it down while going into rest mode for the evening. Dinner meals on the 21 Day Challenge include Turkey Cobb Salad, Beef Stir Fry or Chicken & Cauli-Smash!
- Kick sugar, coffee and caffeine to the curb!
We recommend that all participants cut out alcohol and caffeine on the 21 Day Challenge. This is to ensure you’re receiving energy naturally from the meals that are provided. We also do not use any added sugar in the meals, so it can be a “sugar detox”! If you eliminate one of your bad habits, over the course of a year it will equal big results!
1 x 140 calorie pop per day eliminated = -14 lbs in a year
1 x 270 calorie candy bar per day eliminated = -27 lbs in a year
1 x 420 calorie bagel per day eliminated = -42 lbs in a year
Disclaimer: Results not guaranteed. Every body is different and will therefore have different results. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.